Coaching for Creatives
“The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can’t find them, make them.” – George Bernard Shaw.
Most creatives know from an early age they are artistic and need to use their gifts. Yet being different can also make them feel isolated and misunderstood. Understanding their unique strengths and skills, marketing themselves and finding a lucrative and meaningful niche can be challenging.
- Help creatives “own” and understand their creative gifts
- Identify strengths and skills
- Help creatives decide whether or not to stay in the arts
- Identify careers and businesses in which their skills and talents would be a valuable asset
- Develop a marketing or career development plan
After college, Jared went to Hollywood to find his fortune in show business. Although he got many small jobs and made decent money, he realized he didn’t like the Los Angeles lifestyle. After many gigs in the movies, he realized he wanted a fulltime job that allowed him to use his artistic abilities. Luckily, he met a woman and they moved to Omaha. He had done lighting jobs in Los Angeles and ended up starting a lighting company with a friend in Omaha. He has been very pleased and it has given him stability and more time to be with his growing family.
What is the Creative Career Navigator?
The Creative Career Navigator consists of one standardized test, experiential exercises and coaching sessions.
- Strong Interest Inventory®
- Experiential exercises that draw on creative abilities
After taking the assessment and completing the exercises, you will receive three coaching sessions (four hours of counseling) in which we will review your results and discuss:
- Your personalized assessment reports and what they tell us about you
- A customized report that describes your optimal work environment and possible careers that match your strengths and abilities
- A plan to go forward that includes setting goals, activities, and a time frame that fits your life goals
- (Optional) Possible schools or educational opportunities if you are thinking of returning to school
Our one-on-one review sessions ensure that you will have enough time to really understand your results and learn more about what makes you “tick.” Additional coaching is available after the final session. Discussions can take place by telephone or in person.
Strong Interest Inventory
This inventory takes about 30 minutes to complete and results in a 15-page computer-generated report revealing career recommendations based solely on interests. Based on the work of Dr. John Holland’s theory of career types, this is one of the most respected and widely used career planning instruments in the world.